2.1

My wife and I own a 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 33ct (gasser) that we purchased from another dealer because Lazydays is still playing the 1970's style used car salesman games. It would have taken a week or more to negotiate the discount the other dealer gave us over the phone.

Lazydays had a Fleetwood Bounder 33c which is the exact same motorhome built by the same company on the same assembly line. Anyway, I digress. We wanted a steering stabilizer installed and the other dealer does not do chassis modifications so we decided to buy one from Lazydays and have them install it. I made an appointment and left the thing there while they worked on it.

To make a long story short, they installed it backwards. After driving the motorhome back to the storage lot, I called my service advisor and told her that the coach was handling improperly. I had checked the steering stabilizer and found that it was installed backwards. She said to bring it back.

When I brought it back, I was told to speak directly to the shop supervisor. I pointed the error out to the shop supervisor and he initially asked how I knew it was backwards. I told him that the installation manual had pictures accompanied with HUGE bold lettering stating not to install backwards. I know you are not going to believe this but he then asked how I got an installation manual.

When I pointed out that it was given to me by Lazydays as part of the installation process, he asked to see the manual. He then said (and I am not making this up) "this is the installation manual for a Ford, you have a Freightliner". I was stunned! My motorhome is a 2016 gas coach on a Ford f53 chassis.

He then sent one of the workers out to verify the mistake and they reinstalled the thing correctly but a little scratched and beat up for the effort. Fast forward to six months later....My wife and I had a trip planned to Asheville, NC complete with non-refundable reservations. Two days before leaving, I notice a loud screeching noise coming from the steering stabilizer when backing into our storage space. What do I do????

We'll I decided to take it over to Lazydays to see if it can be repaired or at the very least removed for the trip. I get to the front desk at the service center and ask if I can speak to a service advisor. After a seemingly interminable discussion regarding my problem (it would take a couple of pages to recount), we are told that we can't see a service advisor without an appointment. I am stunned and upset!!!

I just want to get this removed now and I will deal with the manufacturer later. As I am getting exasperated, one of the service advisors decides to come out of the office next to the reception desk and engages me in a discussion about the warranty (at first I'm told that it is out of warranty, which it is not), what Lazydays will and won't do and how , if I remove this thing, I will void the warranty, possibly injure myself and cause damage to the motorhome and other vehicles. She also tells me that they don't have the time to look at this now and there are no appointments available for a few weeks. I am further advised that there are no managers I can talk to.

At this point, I decide to leave, letting everyone in the service area know how disappointed I am. After taking a couple of deep breaths, I call the manufacturer of the device from the car. After a few minutes, I speak a service tech, who walks me through the 15 minute procedure to uninstall the thing. I, at the ripe old age of 65, performed the removal in about 30 minutes.

The tech was astounded at Lazyday's response to my problem and told me to stop by their shop in Atlanta on my way back home so they could check stabilizer and installation. First of all, I bought this thing at Lazydays and the combined cost for the device and installation was $1347.13. I know what you are thinking, but I didn't feel comfortable installing on my own. Second, it was installed improperly initially and this is in their service records (I have a copy).

Third, I cannot believe that you need an appointment to talk to a service advisor about something they installed. Fourth, all I was asking for was to have someone look at this before making a 1300 mile trip and, if defective, take the 15 minutes to remove the thing. Is that too much?

I have bought campers and motorhomes here before but never again. I would also not recommend their service department to anyone based on my experience.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

One month later and still no response from Lazydays

We are so sorry for the problems you've experienced with your stabilizer and can understand your frustration. Our service manager will be contacting you today to find a resolution. Sincerely, Patti Wilson, Customer Service Manager